home studio recipes art

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Shading With Colored Pencils

In my art journal I have been working with learning how to shade with colored pencils.  I finished the shading yesterday and then finished up the project late last night.  I will post pictures of the finished project later today after I get some good photos.

I was looking through my first art journal that I started earlier this year and I am quite pleased to see a significant improvement from my first attempt.


here is where I have just begun to start to shade, showing the light coming from the left side.



much more shading, the color of the paper is already a buff color so I generally used cream, different shades of browns and peaches, white, red for the lips and indigo for the eyes.


stay tuned for the finished project! 

Happy Creating


No comments :

 
09 10