Wednesday, January 12, 2011

January Art Bag Challenge

While visiting all the wonderful blogs I follow, I noticed a trend for these art challenges, which I so wanted to be a part of.  Well since this is a new year, I've signed up for a few.  My first post here is for the The Artful Bag Challenge at Frosted Petunias.  I hope you enjoy my January Purse.  Two of the pieces I incorporated into the bag are very dear to me.  1. the handle came from a vintage czech crystal necklace that belonged to my Nanny (my mom's mother) and I believe it originally belonged to her mother.  It was made for a super tiny neck and since I could not locate the same vintage crystals I decided to incorporate the necklace into other pieces and this is the first one I've used it in.  2. The beautiful little brown butterfly I used I received from an artist friend Shwe Thiri Khit I met through Willowing.  She is a beautiful person and an awesomely talented artist. I hope you visit her site.  I think you will be as amazed as I am by her talent.  Please enjoy my purse!







Post a Comment
 
09 10