home studio recipes art

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

January Art Bag Challenge

While visiting all the wonderful blogs I follow, I noticed a trend for these art challenges, which I so wanted to be a part of.  Well since this is a new year, I've signed up for a few.  My first post here is for the The Artful Bag Challenge at Frosted Petunias.  I hope you enjoy my January Purse.  Two of the pieces I incorporated into the bag are very dear to me.  1. the handle came from a vintage czech crystal necklace that belonged to my Nanny (my mom's mother) and I believe it originally belonged to her mother.  It was made for a super tiny neck and since I could not locate the same vintage crystals I decided to incorporate the necklace into other pieces and this is the first one I've used it in.  2. The beautiful little brown butterfly I used I received from an artist friend Shwe Thiri Khit I met through Willowing.  She is a beautiful person and an awesomely talented artist. I hope you visit her site.  I think you will be as amazed as I am by her talent.  Please enjoy my purse!







12 comments :

Wendy Aspinall said...

Lisa Kay
your bag is beautiful and i'm so glad you are joining us.... Hugs wendy

Linda said...

Hi Lisa, This bag is wonderful. This bag has real character and love all the special care you spent on the detail. Just to let you know that I am following you. Thanks for sharing and your comment.

Unknown said...

What a wonderful creation ... beautiful bag. You are very creative ...

Have a lovely winters eve ~
TTFN ~
Hugs, Marydon

Catlyn Berry (Cizz) said...

Gorgeous! I have been wanting to do "The Artful Bag Challenge" it looks like such fun. I love the embellishments you used!

Hugs'
Catlyn

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Oh Lisa Sweetie...
An absolutely beautiful creation. I love that you incorporated so many loves from your heart. The purse pattern is SO delightful, and I love the Eiffel Tower. The butterfly just stole my heart. Two of my loves.

Thank you for the gorgeous share this evening. What a talent you have and eye for beauty sweet friend.

Many hugs and much love, Sherry

Petunia said...

Hi Lisa, your bag is just gorgeous! I love everything from the shape to the special items you used to decorate it. The crystal necklace is perfect for the handle. Thank you so much for sharing and for joining the Artful Bag Challenge this month. And your blog looks wonderful by the way. :)

Anna

Mixed Media/ Altered Crafts said...

I love your bag! The shape,colors,embellishments and the handle is awesome(neat idea).

Ana Cristina Caldatto said...

Olá Lisa,
sua bolsa também é
"A very beautiful bag"
detalhe da torre Eifel é magnifico!

Mrs A. said...

Your bag is lovely.I love that you have used items dear to your heart to make it. I like to use materials that I have had a long time and when I do tell the story attached to them.Going now to see what Shwe Thiri Khit has to show.
Hugs Mrs A. #3

Sinderella's Studio said...

beautifully done!
cheers, dana

Jeanie Callaghan said...

Completely adorable!

Marva Plummer-Bruno said...

Oh this is absolutely gorgeous!!!! I'm thinking of joining this. I did Camilla's dress challenge last year, just have a few months to finish up...

 
09 10