home studio recipes art

Friday, January 14, 2011

Birthday Card I Created for My Father In Law

One of the things I really enjoy is making cards for family and friends.  I always try to make something unique and significant for that person.  My husband's Father's birthday is next week so I made him a card today to mail out to him.  I found a favorite photo of him and his wife and changed it to sepia so that it would go better with the paper I found that I wanted to use.


I found this great travel scrapbook paper and just loved it (K & Company).  It's a bunch of different postcards and I added the postcard (by 7 Gypsies) and this is the photo of them I just love.  I changed it to a sepia tone, which I love.  

This is the back of the card with the same scrapbook paper (K & Company).  I love the vintage feel of it.


The little postmark on the lower left hand corner says "Budapest".  My father in law is 1st Generation Hungarian and my mother in law is 1st Generation Polish.  Both their parents came over from Hungary and Poland to have a better life for their family.




This is the inside of the card.  I sponged a pearlescent warm gray acrylic paint (Stewart Gill Pearlise in Oyster, purchased at Artistcellar) and then cut out the bird from another piece of scrapbook paper (DCWV).  I stamped in the same color ink (Tsukineko Versa Magic Brilliance) a birthday wish.

I decorated the little heart with leftovers of the scrapbook paper, glittered it and cut out gold keys from another scrapbook paper I have scraps of, added ribbon and a little white daisy to hold it in place.

I enjoy making card so much I have decided that I am going to start making Christmas cards for next year to our closest family and friends.  Each one different and unique.  I must be crazy, you say!  No, I 'll just do one a week and I'll be done before you know it!  Happy card making.



1 comment :

Anonymous said...

Hello Lisa,
So very nice to meet you! Thank you, for taking the time to leave a comment so I'd know you stopped by!

Your work is very lovely ... I especially love the Cinderella dress. You are truly a talented lady.

I noticed that you became my 100th follower!! My, it has taken a while to fill that position! Since you so love to create with papers, I would very much love to send you a little something as a token of my appreciation for reaching that personal goal of mine! When you have a free moment, please email me your mailing address. Your may contact me at vintagerose@wildblue.net

I look forward to hearing from you and I do hope we keep in touch!
Most Sincerely,
Paula

 
09 10