home studio recipes art

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Since October is Breast cancer awareness month I went in and had my annual mammogram.  I wish there were a little less painful way to do that, but it is necessary to have done.  I am so glad there are organizations and clinics out there that provide free ones for women who are not able to pay for them or have insurance.  My daughter, who is a reporter for her school newspaper, was asking me if men can get breast cancer, of which I told her absolutely.  In fact, I new someone's whose father passed away from it because he never thought to go have the lumps he was feeling checked.  Even though rare, it is just as important for men to check their breast areas too.  My daughter decided to write about this in her article.  I can't wait to read it.  I hope she will bring me home a copy so I can scan it and post it on my blog.

So, I went around the house and took a few pictures of some of my favorite pink things.  I do a lot of floral arrangements so here are a few pictures of a couple of florals I did.



I also like to sew and I had these slipcovers for my dining room chairs, which were beige but the color just didn't do them justice.  You couldn't really see the pretty floral detail, so I dyed them.



I think they look so much prettier now.  Unfortunately it is really hard to take a picture of them that does justice.  Happy Pink Saturday everyone.Pink Saturday

Hugs

8 comments :

Unknown said...

I hope you will share your daughter's article, Lisa ... that is wonderful she is doing this write.

Love your pinks ...
Have a beautiful week ~
TTFN ~ Marydon

Nancy said...

What a great idea to dye the slipcovers - they're really neat. Good for you getting your mammogram - I need to do it also. :) Nancy

Abramyan Avenue said...

I have actually heard about men getting breast cancer. You just don't think about having them get checked out too! I would love to read your daughters article!! And I absolutely LOVE your pink slip covers!! They are too too pretty!! Have a wonderful weekend!-April

Samantha Marshall said...

I love your pink post- you have such a beautiful home.

Beverly said...

Happy Pink Saturday, Lisa Kay.

I love your slipcovers, and they do look fantastic.

Kudos to your daughter.

Anonymous said...

It's so nice to meet you and Happy Pink Saturday. Your floral arrangements are wonderful. :)

claudie said...

Happy PS one day late Lisa Kay ( I like that name). Sorry I'm late, but it's our Thanksgiving weekend here in Canada. Just returned from my sisters house, full belly : 0
LOVE the fact that you made those slipcovers. Love the PINK.
Hopefully you will share your daughters article.
Nice to meet you.
Love Claudie
xo

Mermaids of the Lake said...

Hi and thank you for visiting us this weekend. Great message and your chair covers turned out beautiful! Happy P.S.

Mermaid Debbie

 
09 10