home studio recipes art

Sunday, October 17, 2010

On my 13th birthday my father gave me my first guitar. I absolutely loved it.  At one point, I could not find my guitar for many years.  Then one day my mother heard a knock at her door and it was my ex-husband.  With him he had the guitar my father had given me.  He had come to return it to me.  I had, by this time, moved to Indiana and remarried.  I was so surprised and excited when my mother called to tell me of the return of my beloved guitar.  On my next visit home I promptly shipped my guitar back.  The only real value of this guitar is that it is the guitar my father lovingly searched pawn shops for until he found one he thought I would love, which I did.  It is not by any well known guitar maker or of no real monetary value that I am aware of.  It is a Seville Model WJ700.  It is a beautiful red and gold guitar with a Hummingbird Pict Guard.    The closes picture I could find is of the Epiphone Hummingbird show below. Here is what it looks like.




This is what it looks like now.






I know what some of you may be saying, why did you deface such a beautiful guitar (I think it is still very beautiful), the case is that as beautiful as it is and as beautiful as a sound comes from it, it no longer holds a tuning.  I would have to spend loads of money fixing it.  So I decided to make an art montage of it and hang it in my studio so that I can look at it lovingly every day and remember the wonderful father that gave his daughter the best gift ever on her 13th birthday.  My father gave me the gift of music!!!


1 comment :

Unknown said...

Happy Late Pink Saturday! I think what you did with the guitar is great and I like the look. I have a violin that was my Mothers fro the mid 1900's but I can't bring my self to do anything like that but I agree as the only person that it will mean anything to, is You so you should enjoy and that is what your Dad would most likely say! have a great week! marilou

 
09 10