home studio recipes art

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Sketch for my first painting on Canvas

I've been taking an online art class and one of the projects is to do a full figure painting on a canvas size 24 x 36, which is very intimidating to me.  So I have decided to work on an 8 x 10 canvas and have sketched the face of the "goddess" I want to paint.  I've never painted on canvas before and I'm a bit afraid of it.  Here is the sketch of my intended painting.



I'm going to begin the sketch on the canvas and then get started painting it.  Another project I will be working on is painting a Mermaid on wood.  This should be fun and I can't wait to share it with you.  I've only be drawing for a few months, but I really enjoy it.  I hope to learn more and I've been working on some basics that I'm learning through books I checked out at the library.  Someday I hope to take some actual courses in Fine Arts, but it will be a while before I can do that.  I'd really like to get a degree in Fine Arts.  Funny that it took me 42 years to figure out what I truly love!!


No comments :

 
09 10