home studio recipes art

Friday, February 18, 2011

Finished Sketch Working on Canvas

Well I finished up the sketch of my "goddess" in my sketchbook and now I am sketching her onto the canvas.  I added a bit more shading and used my Derwent graphitint pencils to add a touch of color.  The one photo didn't turn out so well.


On the canvas I will have more detail for the background and the dress will be "Klimt" like.  This is the small portrait and then I will begin the full figured large painting I have planned.  I need to do some sketching in my sketchbook for that.  I am very inspired by Klimt's work and some of my favorites of his are the following:








I hope to one day be able to paint with oils, they still scare me a bit though.  I am very  much in "baby" phase with my art, but it brings me so much joy.  I hope to take the family to the Art Museum one of these weekends soon, especially  now that the weather is getting better.  I'd also like to spend some time in their library.  Well on to the canvas.  Stay tuned....





1 comment :

Anonymous said...

Lisa, I have always wanted to paint ... but I too have feared the brush. I used to sketch quite a bit when I was in my teens but have not drawn in years. I admire your gusto ... the portrait above a wonderful!! I would love to see you dive into the oils! I think you would be a natural!

Wishing you a bright and beautiful week ahead!

 
09 10